21 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

It would be great to see another attempt played...

but wouldn't it be even better for us to shorten our season, determine single classification winner and then have state champs from North & South Carolina play each other? It means dropping the endowment game and possibly shorten playoffs by one week 

@jimwest i barely like the method used today, hated that old method. 

I hate for everyone that cared  that this game had to end in a tie  Could they have stayed overnight to finish in the morning. Many questions I'm sure  But they did have a great experience

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@Dale Ross

That would even be better to see a State Championship game between N.C. n S.C. game. That time of the year especially. I could see bragging rights even more bigger. I’m with you about Mallard Creek  at least staying overnight or something to finish the game. I guess these two teams will say we have unfinished business for 2020. So who knows if they will play each other for next year. 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Vik-Val 86

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@jimwest

Good research of teams having ties. Glad it’s changed to where we don’t see this often. I remembered seeing about South Iredell having 4 ties in one year. That would not be a good thing to see now. 

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

@vik-val-86

Sometime in the early 1990's (I'm thinking 1992), Michigan ended up with 3 ties during the season.  The Wolverines ended up with ties in both of their last two games, including Ohio State.

With about 5 or 6 minutes left in the game, Ohio State scores a TD.  Down by 1, John Cooper had to decide whether to go for 2 or kick the extra point.  He chose the latter, making the Buckeye fans mad and pleasing the University President.  

I've never been a big fan of any sport ending in a tie or a draw.  

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@jimwest

I agree 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

If anything, games would be more predictable with weather around week 5. Hurricane, tropical storm movement is easier to predict ; this it could be moved forward if needed. Late August, thunderstorms can poo up at any time.

I'm just dreaming on the other things it would never happen. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: