Mallard Creek Vs Vance

9 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

First conference games and already a huge match-up. I'm thinking these are the two top teams in the IMECK conference. I don't know if West Charlotte and Lake Norman are contenders.

Anyone have thoughts on the game?

Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

I think we could see a defensive battle  with low scoring. Mistakes and penalties may play a big part in this. I do think we could see similar scores like last year. I could be wrong but it would surprise me to see the winning team score 30 or more points. For sure these are the two best teams in the I Meck. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vik-val-86

I think we could see a defensive battle  with low scoring. Mistakes and penalties may play a big part in this. I do think we could see similar scores like last year. I could be wrong but it would surprise me to see the winning team score 30 or more points. For sure these are the two best teams in the I Meck. 

Right now it looks like a pretty big gap between Hough and these too.

On paper this looks to be a tight game. But, human thought says a big gap score could also occur.

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@daleross

I think if Mallard Creek plays to their full potential we could well see a 2 or 3 score difference. If they come out with a lot penalties this could keep Vance in the game. I’m not sure how much Vance matches up with Mallard Creek but my understanding is Vance does have a good defense. Mallard Creek is loaded with talent. This game definitely will be good one to watch 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

But also, I might not have been talking about Mallard Creek being on  the positive side of the bigger spread :O

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Randy
(@randyrimland)
Trusted Member

I'm shooting this game for our friends at MaxPreps and I'm looking forward to a very physical game. I've seen Mallard Creek once this year and they are big and strong and tying Dutch Fork is huge so Vance has their hands full

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@randyrimland

This game will probably tell us more about Vance than it does Mallard Creek. Mallard Creek is established good, this season. Going back over previous seasons the majority of the staff is still around. One big difference between these two teams is the level of competition this season. Mallard Creek has played a much tougher schedule. So we kind of know what they have.

Vance? Not so much. In fact, it's very difficult to gauge Vance because of that. Various power rankings and polls have Vance so high. Most of that based on the results over the past seasons. But the staff is different now. Vance has yet to really face adversity; so we don't know exactly how they will respond when they face it.

Mallard Creek could run this score up in this game. We just honestly don't know how good Vance is. For anyone to rank Vance top-5 right now is a purely a guess.

Bummer51 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

It turns out that this game ended up in a low scoring affair with a 17-7 Mallard Creek win. Any thoughts with this game. Did anyone go to this game. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

I was there and Ken was there. We've been putting stuff up on Facebook and twitter... try to get some stuff up here. Vance is very good... some mistakes by them and officials didn't help them 🙂

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: