Northwest Foothills 2A Early Bird Predictions
This conference is way easier to predict than the South Fork 2A again these are based on information I have gathered and drawing conclusions.
- Hibriten- Going to get straight to the facts on this one. This team lost a ton of game including three straight regional championship games. They have many new faces who won 2 straight JV conference championships and will continue to improve under a great new leader. Going against a very good Alexander Central team we will know how good these Panthers are early, but I have them going 10-1 and winning 10 straight after the Alexander Central game.
- West Iredell- The Warriors will rise up the conference standings due to teams losing seniors and the conference strength. They have a lot of players back and are my pick to get the automatic berth.
- Bunker Hill- Is this the year the Bears are relevant? After 2 conference runner ups will the Bears be a playoff team? I have faith they will give it a good run.
- Patton- They lost quite a bit of players from last seasons playoff team but should have enough wins to finish middle of the pack.
- Fred T. Foard- This is where the logical guessing comes in. The Tigers lost Minor and several skill position players. I have the Tigers in 5th and not the cellar for one reason and that is Corey Siemer
- Draughn- Will continue to struggle. JV team and Varsity team struggled last season but the strength of the conference could help the Wildcats.
- East Burke- Could win more than 1 game this season. The varsity and JV team struggled last season but the strength of the conference could help the wild bunch.
- West Caldwell- If it wasn’t for how bad this team struggled last season and getting blown out against weaker compaction, I would have the Warriors in mid pack alone due to Mike Bickerstaff back but will he have the Warriors back into contenders with his time left?