SPC outlook

9 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Interesting in how the 3A SPC will look this year. Do we have any SPC fans on here that would like to give your thoughts. I would think most would agree that NW  Cabarrus is favored. Will Concord make a comeback from last year’s down season. Can AL Brown make a turnaround toward to top once again. Hearing that AL Brown’s  field is getting closer to being completed. From what I hear they are getting ready to put the turf down here soon. 

Any thoughts for this conference? 

Here are my predictions and I could well be wrong

1) NW Cabarrus 

2/3 Central Cabarrus/ AL Brown Battling for 2nd spot

4)  Cox Mill

5) Concord 

6) Concord Robinson 

Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

I agree that NW Cabarrus will be favored to win the conference.  AL Brown...I'm not sure if they have the talent to defeat NW Cabarrus or Central Cabarrus.  In fact, Cox Mill might beat the Wonders.  

I'm not sure how good the Spiders will be this year.  Last year was the first time the Spiders have ever lost as many as 10 games in a season.  

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@jimwest

You could well be right with AL Brown. I personally think they could be a year away to finish at the top. Time will tell. Cox Mill may even be better that AL Brown. At this point it’s hard to tell  but I believe NW Cabarrus is the clear favorites this year in the conference. 

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

I am interested on how the Wonders' fans will enjoy the new turf.  The stadiums' location is one of the nicest in the Piedmont.

Regarding the actual team, I'm not sure  how well the Wonders will do this year.  I agree with you that Brown could be a year away from a great season.

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

@jimwest

The location of the staidum, being right there in the middle of the community is nice.

The dynamics of Cabarrus County are changing. Gone are the days of the Mill being the big influence on population. Now Cox Mill is sitting a very nice, diverse area with many factors good for athletics.

When I looked at the above "projections", my first thought was... wow, look where Concord is sitting...

This post was modified 5 years ago by Dale Ross

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

@daleross

Concord will probably improve some in 2019.  This is a program that doesn't stay down for very long.  I imagine the program will be back in the mix by 2020 or 2021.  Time will tell.

ReplyQuote
(@84k)

• As for Kannapolis if the offense can come around I think they'll be okay this year. I know it's just a scrimmage but last night against Nation Ford the defense look pretty good. Offense struggle just a little bit. I heard they got  a quarterback that transferred from Vance not sure of his name. Last night's game ended up 0-0.
This post was modified 5 years ago by 84k

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@84k

Do you know who their QB and main RBs will be. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
(@84k)

No. I know they played JV ball last year. I seen them play a couple times last year they run hard I do know that.

Dale Ross and Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: