Clear all

Southern Carolina Conference 2019

36 Posts
5 Users
9 Likes
Footsoldier
(@footsoldier)
Topic starter  

Wow, no one is talking about the premier 3A conference in the state of NC home of twice consecutive and defending 3A champion Charlotte Catholic and defending 3AA champion Weddington both poised for another run for the roses.

No matter how good Dudley will be they can’t and won’t defeat Weddington either in the region final or championship however that plays out.  Weddington is unlikely to lose this season.  Catholic will have the leviathan task of taking them at their place when they meet in conference play.  Will Shipley is arguably the best best high school player in the nation and just a junior on a talented, well-coached, and disciplined program.  I say they cruise through playoffs and blowout their opponent in the finals.

Catholic will do likewise on their side of the bracket.  I say it is these two again in the state finals.   Does anyone else have a snowball’s chance?  I say no.

SCC prediction 

Weddington 

Catholic

Sun Valley 

Monroe

Marvin Ridge

Cuthbertson 

Piedmont

Parkwood - added by @DaleRoss - not certain where foot ranks them

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Dale Ross

“When you run your fingers through the turf at Keffer Stadium, you will live FOREVER!!”

Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

Footsoldier, how's life treating you?  

When was the last time Charlotte Catholic lost a conference game?  You have to go back to September 25, 2009, when Olympic edged the Pope Boys by a 21-14 score.  Since that day, Charlotte Catholic has won 65 consecutive conference games.  Since 2002, Charlotte Catholic has a conference record of 106-2.

Weddington vs. Charlotte Catholic will be what Keith Jackson refers to as a "barn burner".  Anything can happen, for sure.

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

@jimwest

Weddington will be good. But top  Catholic?

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@footsoldier

it has been brought to my attention that you left out Parkwood.

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

Posted by: @jimwest

Footsoldier, how's life treating you?  

When was the last time Charlotte Catholic lost a conference game?  You have to go back to September 25, 2009, when Olympic edged the Pope Boys by a 21-14 score.  Since that day, Charlotte Catholic has won 65 consecutive conference games.  Since 2002, Charlotte Catholic has a conference record of 106-2.

Weddington vs. Charlotte Catholic will be what Keith Jackson refers to as a "barn burner".  Anything can happen, for sure.

I was at that 2009 game. Olympic had a very good team that year, and Catholic was a bit down. They had played close for several years and the cards were right for them that season.

Catholic with their diversity on offense will be a very tough nut to crack this year.

I've always had a lot of respect for Weddington, they always put a well disciplined hard hitting team on the field. Very similar formula to what makes Charlotte Catholic so good. When you get kids that are football intelligent working together, they can overcome some of the athleticism that other teams have. Sprinkle in some good athletes and you have state title contenders.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Dale Ross

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@footsoldier

Here are the pre-season (cough) MaxPreps (cough) Rankings.

(52.9) Charlotte Catholic
(52.5) Weddington
(33.9) Sun Valley
(26.7) Monroe
(26.2) Marvin Ridge
(12.0) Cuthbertson
(2.5) Piedmont
(0.8) Parkwood

It's pre-season AND it's not a very accurate ranking system. but it is what it is. It closely resembles your "rankings". But it's a new year, and things can change.

ReplyQuote
Footsoldier
(@footsoldier)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @daleross

@footsoldier

This is true and they would be in last place anyway where you placed them.  That place stinks of cow manure.  What’s their problem out there Dale?  My God.

“When you run your fingers through the turf at Keffer Stadium, you will live FOREVER!!”

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@footsoldier

overlooked is worse. And I'm sure they will do their best to not finish last.

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

Posted by: @footsoldier
Posted by: @daleross

@footsoldier

This is true and they would be in last place anyway where you placed them.  That place stinks of cow manure.  What’s their problem out there Dale?  My God.

30 plus years ago, should this North Stanly alum and his friends want to see rednecks, we would visit the Parkwood campus.  If you have ever been to North Stanly, you would understand the humor.

The old saying at North Stanly 30 years ago was "Parkwood:  1,000 students, 9 surnames".

(waiting on the hateful comments to come....and yes, I'm joking).

Footsoldier reacted
ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@jimwest

North Stanly... LOL

OK, back on topic... which would be the conference. 

I like this conference's chances of putting two teams in at least regional finals, possibly state championship. Without question one of the toughest conferences in the state.

ReplyQuote
Johndoe
(@johndoe)

@jimwest

Sir I would like you to look at the statement you just said. It is downright horrid how I a teenager must show how wrong you are being about parkwood. You just mate a stereotypical statement that not only degraded me but also this community. Why must you try and bring someone donw when no one asked you too? Their was no need for that comment. I hope you feel great knowing you made the most horrific joke I heard. 

bakeroni7 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@johndoe

Hi John  ... Jim is from North Stanly and that says it all. He's relating what was said 30+ years ago. I wonder what was said about N. Stanly ..  In the early 80's I went to that area weekly ... Culp Lumber , Wisscassett mills - did I spell it correctly? - Collins & Aikman , Norwood fertilizer , Norwood Manufacturing  Alcoa... Trust me , they were backwoods folks.   Lol

I miss those days  A lot good friends  I arrived at Wisscassett and learned that my wife was at the hospital is labor with my first child back in Charlotte. Darn pager wasnt working ...

ReplyQuote
Footsoldier
(@footsoldier)
Topic starter  

@johndoe

Put on your big boy pants and grow a set Johnny boy.  There’s always gonna be a little jack-jawin’ going on in here.  Wet the bed somewhere else.

Jim West reacted
ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

Posted by: @footsoldier

@johndoe

Put on your big boy pants and grow a set Johnny boy.  There’s always gonna be a little jack-jawin’ going on in here.  Wet the bed somewhere else.

But we don't go too far with it, right? 🙂 I reserve it to friends, people I know because they know it is all in jest.

Jim West reacted
ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

@johndoe

Are you seriously offended?  You do realize that I graduated from a high school (North Stanly) that had a higher percentage of rednecks than Parkwood?  

Back when North Stanly and Charlotte Catholic were Rocky River foes (1981-1992 and 2001-2004), @footsoldier would gas up the North Stanly buses, check the oil and tire pressures, and clean the windshields just to ensure that North Stanly could make it to Catholic so the Pope boys could wipe the floor with my team.

Come think of it, @footsoldier probably did the same thing with Parkwood, but I would hate to denigrate your school any further.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: