Clear all

South Meck 7

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
hookem05
(@hookem05)
Topic starter  

Thoughts on SM 7 favorites this year? Any surprises?

Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

@hookem05

A whole lot of coaching changes. Kind of a big guess as to what could go down in this conference. Have to think the ones to look out for will be Providence and West Mecklenburg; but West as per usual is hurting on numbers. The same problem exists for South Mecklenburg.

And if you want, I can help you get the other Hookem account running. It hasn't been deleted.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Dale Ross

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@hookem05 

What have you heard about Ardrey Kell?

ReplyQuote
hookem05
(@hookem05)
Topic starter  

As you know we are not in Charlotte any longer so I am not up on anything current  at AK other than they have new coach and they return 15 starters including QB, two receivers that had great stats last year. Don’t know how many  kids came out this summer or anything else. 

Any info you or or anyone else can provide would be helpful. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@hookem05

I thought you might have talked with someone back in your old hood. I want to get to at least one game to see Ken Bauer's Nephew play.

AK is a mystery for this season I think. Nothing really got settled in there under the previous coach.  Seniors will be under their third coach. This kind of stuff is never good for a program; forget about all the other issues that are needed to build a program. So many schools in this conference are facing this very issue.

I think all of this is part of the bigger CMS problem that is an umbrella over the system. If CMS were a business, theirs is not the business model you'd want to follow; scratch that... you wouldn't have a business.

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

The South Meck 7 might best be called a "conference in flux" .  Providence...new coach.  Ardrey Kell----new coach.  South Meck…..new coach.  West Meck….new coach.  Olympic...new coach.  Berry Academy....0-11 last season.  Harding...2-9 last year. 

I don't see one team that really stands out from the rest.  We might once again see a 3 way tie for first. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@jimwest

AK, Providence and West Mecklenburg should be at the top. Olympic could be, if coaching working out. SM needs numbers, but we'll see what Joe does. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: