Illustrious Member Admin Registered

@vik-val-86

Thank you for the update

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Made it to the scrimmage at Mooresville tonight. I did miss the first game between Charlotte Christian n South Meck so I can’t comment on that. 

With the 2nd game between South Iredell n Hickory I though South really look good. They have a big line and did real well stopping Hickory. My understanding is that Hickory starting QB was hurt from the first scrimmage so that may have well hurt Hickory from playing a better game. The backup QB from Hickory didn’t do to bad and made some big pass plays. As a whole South Iredell dominated and also I was impressed with their passing game. I know this is scrimmage and both teams will make progress as the season goes. Score 23-15 South. 

With the 2nd game Statesville played N Meck.  Both teams did some good things but show they need work on some things as well. With score 14-0 N Meck was up at end of  a 25 min running clock. Probably should of been tied 7-7 at Half. As Statesville got close to scoring but had thrown  an interception for the other team to run it back for 100 yards for a TD to make it 14-0. 2nd half of it Statesville did a lot better to pull within 7. Statesville has the talent and if they clean some things up I see  them really doing well as the season goes. 21-7 N Meck. But it’s only scrimmage. 

Now with the 3rd game Mooresville n Myers Park. First of all I was really impressed with Mooresville fan base along with a good student section that was fired up. I was impressed with the way the fans got in it. I was surprised  at how this scrimmage turned out.  Mooresville defense did really well keeping MP from scoring until late in the game. With Mooresville was  leading it 3-0 most of the game. MP QB did  real well throwing the ball but dropped passes from WRs and some over thrown passes  as well. Late in the game MP would throw 2 big passes to pull it out 6-3 win. I’m sure MP will work out the bugs and be tough as the season goes. 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Vik-Val 86

ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: