NPC week 5

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Wow this football season is going fast as we enter Week 5 of High School football season. Here are predictions for the NPC non conference games. 

1-3 South Iredell vs 3-1 Davie... As South Iredell is having a down season and Davie playing really well, I think Davie will be too much for South.  Davie 35  South Iredell 7

4-0 Statesville vs  0-4 Concord...There was a time this would had been a great matchup but Concord is having struggling moments. Statesville rolls in this 42-7.

2-2 West Rowan vs 1-1 AL Brown... I think this is the NPC non conference game of the week. West Rowan had a big win over Davie last week 24-21. AL Brown suffered a big lost to Mooresville 30-0. I think with Brown entering last Friday’s game with only 1 game under their belt didn’t help things.Then factor in a lot of mistakes and miscues. I believe AL Brown is a better team but will have to work on some areas. I think AL Brown will come In playing better ball but I see West Rowan prevailing by 7 to 14 point win. 

1-2 West Iredell vs 0-4 North Iredell...West Iredell is not playing bad ball as I see them having a good season in their conference. North Iredell still trying to find a win, but I believe West Iredell will be favored in this. West Iredell by 28. 

2-1 East Rowan vs 1-3 North Rowan... Now here is a tricky game to call as I was back n back trying to figure out which one to pick. I know N. Rowan is 1-3 and started out slow but they have injured players returning. A big win over Carson last Friday 45-10. East Rowan did not play last Friday. I’m going to step out on a limb and take North by 10. 

Dale Ross reacted
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

Davie should defeat South Iredell by a comfortable margin.  I don't think this game will be exciting to watch.

Concord continues to slip and might end up being 0-7 before they play J.M. Robinson...and even that game is not a gimme.  Statesville will roll.

I'm not sure what is going on at A.L. Brown.  The Wonders are playing undisciplined football and are really struggling on offense.  Defensively, the Wonders are fine.  I'm with you...West Rowan by 7 to 14 points.

West Iredell might not be the most talented team, but they should have a decent season.  West Iredell should defeat East Iredell by several scores.

North Rowan is a bit of an enigma.  They might struggle against East Rowan as the Mustangs have better depth.  I'll take East Rowan by 3-7 points, but this game could go either way.

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Big surprises of HS football last night. 

As South Iredell defeated Davie Co 31-28. With a surprising 17-0 1st quarter lead and special teams kicking, they had  3 field goals to add to their scores. Good win for the Vikings of South Iredell

AL Brown also had a big night with a 34-20 win over West Rowan. In a way I’m not surprised they won as history shows AL Brown with a good margin of wins over West Rowan. 

North Rowan pulled out a close one over East Rowan 20-16. Being down 16-6 they managed to come from behind for the win. 

Statesville had a big night over Concord with a 61-6 win. No surprises here as Concord is having a struggling season. 

West Iredell defeated North Iredell 32-3. A good win as expected. Next week West Iredell will have a big game with Draughn who has greatly improved from last year. Should be a good game.

Carson n North Stanley did not play. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: