NPC week 2 non conference games

9 Posts
3 Users
7 Likes
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Looking at week #2 NPC non conference games. This week looks a little tougher to predict but feel like some good games involved. 

Salsibury vs Carson... This looks like a real good game to be played. Carson routed South Rowan 56-20 last week with a 42-12 HT lead. Salsibury beat a decent 1A North Rowan 9-7. I’m may go with Carson by 7. Carson does have a new coach. So we will see what happens. 

East Rowan vs East Lincoln... Believe this one will be a good one. I will give one a tossup but leaning toward East Rowan by 7. 

West Rowan vs North Rowan... North Rowan lost to Salsibury 9-7 and West Rowan lost to Mooresville 10-0. Hearing that West Rowan has a good solid defense with a big line. My predictions West Rowan by 21. 

South Iredell vs Carson... South Iredell would lose to Cuthbertson 34-20. I think South Iredell is in the process of getting the QB figured out. West Iredell with a big win 42-0 over Atkins. I think South will prevail but don’t think the score will be as huge as in times past. South by 17. 

Lake Norman vs Statesville... Probably the NPC non-conference game of the week. Lake Norman won over Cox Mill  34-22 and Statesville over Hickory 40-12. Last year Lake Norman won over Statesville 2-0. I think this game could come down with who makes the least mistakes. If Statesville plays like they did the 1sr half against Hickory, Lake Norman may see a victory in this. But if Statesville keeps the mistake down they could well favored. I’m giving a tossup leaning toward Statesville by 7.

Forbush vs North Iredell... Forbush had a win over West Wilkes 24-0 last week and N. Iredell fell to Wilkes Central 15-12 with WC pulling out a trip play with 42 secs left in the game. Here is another head scratcher call for me but giving it a tossup but leaning toward NI by 7. North Iredell really needs the win. 

Dale Ross reacted
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

To make a correction. South Iredell vs West Iredell not Carson. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

I agree with all of your predictions.  The Forbush-North Iredell game will be critical for both squads.

Vik-Val 86 and Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@jimwest

The first couple games it’s sometimes hard to make predictions. But as the season goes I usually can dial in better. Sometimes I can hit it and sometimes I can miss by a mile. Lol.  I been keeping up with HS for over 30 some years. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

@vik-val-86

It's High School, and that's the way it goes! 🙂 y'all have fun tonight

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

NPC score updates 

West Rowan 34. North Rowan 0. This should set up for a big match up with Statesville n West Rowan for the conference. 

South Iredell 25  West Iredell 0.  Wasn’t at the game due to work. Hearing  from  a friend,  South had their share of mistakes. May be a long season for South. 

Forbush 28  North Iredell 16

Salsibury 26  Carson 0

Statesville 34  Lake Norman 21. Big win  for Statesville. Next week Statesville will travel to 2-0 Alexander Central for another big showdown.

East Lincoln 41  East Rowan 7. Not surprised to see EL win but the score was more than I expected. East Lincoln may have a good year. 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Vik-Val 86

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Correction East Lincoln 41-20 final score 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

@vik-val-86

OK, so Statesville is rolling onto my radar

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@daleross

I feel like if Statesville gets by Alexander Central,  in which I think they will, they can run the table until they meet up with West Rowan. Statesville n West Rowan will be the last game of the season. It could well decide the conference. That game will be a good one to take in. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: