East Mecklenburg Vs Providence

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

Big item here is if Providence continues winning with their new Head Coach; Also, can East Mecklenburg hit a winning season this year?

Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

Providence should win this game.  I don't think this game will be particularly exciting and I don't know if we will find out much about Providence from this game.

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@jimwest

I think those that attend will learn something about Providence. I agree the score etc, will not tell us much

ReplyQuote
AJK35
(@steveboguski)

I think Providence should handle East Meck pretty handily...at least they need to.  I don't know much about East Meck except I know their numbers are down and aren't fielding a JV team this year. 

Providence needs a game where they play solidly as a unit on both sides of the ball.  Providence has a lot of talent, but are very young.  The two scrimmages against Hickory Ridge and Northwestern showed they have some promise, but also made a lot of mistakes and the offense never really got into a rhythm.   

They only veteran position group is the o-line with 4 returning starters and will be able to hold their own with any D-line out there.  The QB, Holland Stallings, is going to be very good, but is a Junior and will make some mistakes a long the way.  The defense is only starting a couple seniors I think, so again, young, but there are a lot of talented and tough players that are going to grow into their roles as the season goes on.  

With Coach Bowles leaving at the beginning of the summer, the administration made a great move bringing up Coach Ward to head coach.  I thought Coach Bowles did a great job with the program, but I think Coach Ward can take it to another level.  There was very little disruption and he brought in Coach Johnson (from Olympic I think) to be the OC which is a huge upgrade to the offensive side that has been lacking since Coach Lybrand left at the end of 2017.   Starting in late July, he just hasn't had a lot of time yet, but that will improve as the season goes on.  

The best thing for Providence tomorrow night is for them to just execute well, put together some drives on offense, and make some stops on defense.  They need that with Hough, Myers Park, and Butler coming up!  If they fight, play as a team, and continue to learn through the non-conference schedule, I think they have just as good a shot as anyone to win the SoMeck7.  

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@steveboguski

No question, that the correct move on HC was made; from a smoothness of transition point.  that is huge in High School.  Good move by Providence Administration.

ReplyQuote
MagisterOates
(@magisteroates)

Posted by: @steveboguski

I don't know much about East Meck except I know their numbers are down and aren't fielding a JV team this year. 

East is fielding a JV team. Perhaps this is the endowment game. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: