Carolina Varsity Catawba Valley Area Poll after Week 2
02/09/2019 7:28 pm
Denotes () last week's ranking
- Watauga (6)- the pioneers find theirselves on top of the poll for the first time this season. They do need to improve their defense if they are to stay that way.
- East Lincoln (6)- the mustangs have caught analyst Allen Drums eye preseason. With North Lincoln and Maidens upsets and Bandys struggles they could be South fork favorites
- Alexander Central (1) barley beating Wilkes Central did not go over well with pollers beating a very good Statesville team will have them back at the top.
- Freedom (3) - Beat Draughn lost to a great Shelby team Freedom will be a top 3 team in conference play
- Hibriten (5)- beat a down Hickory team will find out how much this team has improved next Friday vs South Caldwell
- South Caldwell (9)- upsetting Maiden has them climbing win the next 2 could have South Caldwell in the conference race
- T7 Maiden (2)-disapointing lose to south Caldwell how bad of a lose was it time will tell but shouldn't lose anymore non conference games
- T7 North Lincoln(7)- not been impressed with them so far needs to turn it around before conference time
- Newton-Conover(10)- could be more of a midpack team than bottom feeder
- Bandys (7)- have struggled with down teams could suffer first lose this week by 2 or more scores to a improved South Caldwell team
- West Lincoln(11)- still a mystery not played anyone yet
- Lincolnton (13)- shown improvement should get the win this week
- St. Stephens(12) - struggled to beat Bunker Hill will struggle conference time
- Bunker Hill (16) - shown improvement patience bears will get wins conference time
- McDowell (18)- shown some fight beating East Burke could possibly not finish last confrence
- Fred T. Foard(17)- was impressed how they played Bandys will get a win this week
- Hickory (14)-struggling will they actually not win a game???
- East Burke (15)- not improved but least Patton Draughn and west Caldwell in the conference
- Patton (19)- struggling but scoring points
- T20 Draughn-(20)- struggling and young
- T20 West Caldwell-same spot as Draughn