Top Football Teams in 4A for 2019

21 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

So who are they? Is Wake Forest going to do it again?

This topic was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Dale Ross

allenjd4life
(@allenjd4life)
Member Registered

I don't have many area 4A teams but I do like South Caldwell and Lake Norman as sleeper teams. South Caldwell could be close to getting a 1st round home game and be much improved. Lake Norman had a very good JV team and much improved could have a 2018 Mooresville type of year. I could see them battling around 3rd or 4th in that brutal conference. Definitely not state contenders but dark horses yes

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@allenjd4life

OK, thank you for your input!

I'm interested in seeing if power in the state has shifted to the Raleigh area. Another State title from that area would be very impressive.

That said, Mecklenburg is a brutal Butler, Hough, Mallard Creek and Myers Park just to name a few.  Then yo have Vance and North Mecklenburg that can make things tough for Hough and Mallard in just that conference. A rising West Charlotte also in that conference.

No matter what is happening up in the Wake area, Charlotte-Mecklenburg is still the toughest overall with a number of conyenders here.

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

I don't have all of my notes, but here's a list of teams that are on my radar (in no particular order):

4AA:

Mallard Creek

Vance

Hough

Myers Park

Wake Forest

Leesville Road

Richmond County

Among these teams, I don't see one team significantly better than the rest.  Leesville Road vs. Wake Forest, should these two teams meet in the playoffs, might be a great game.  I would love for Richmond County to be sent to the East as it would give the 4AA East regional 3 legitimate title contenders.

As always, 4AA West will be loaded.

4A:

East Forsyth

Scotland

Cardinal Gibbons

Page

Pine Forest

Seventy-First

South View

East Forsyth should be deemed a healthy favorite to win the 4A state championship.  After East Forsyth, Page and Scotland are slightly stronger than the rest of the above-mentioned teams.

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@jimwest

You'll have your notes. I have the old Database sitting on an internal server, no front-end to it. I'll dig the data for you today. it's taking far too much time to get it the old site running. I will but it may take more since GoDaddy doesn't really give me what I need to make that movement easy. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@jimwest

OK, looking at your teams on the 4AA  radar...

Certainly Mallard Creek is a radar team, but have they fallen down in the contenders roll? They are in a tough conference, can they win that conference? Still a contender in my book; not a dark horse to win it all but maybe a slightly gray horse? 

Hough, they have loaded and loaded up with players. If they don't win their conference... well someone else is playing some mighty good football. They have the Jimmy's and Joe's.

You listed another conference member of the previous two, Vance. State title runner-up last season; now they have a new head coach. So this brings questions to their situation.Loaded with talent, they will not be a pushover. But will they have the chemistry to make even a little run in the playoffs? And this conference doesn't end with good teams at Vance.

Myers Park, they have to be one of the favorites. They've been close and have a very talented group this year. One of the top-3 teams in the city of Charlotte, and have to be one of the top-5 in the state.

Wake Forest, can they do it again? They are the team to beat and until I see something that proves otherwise, have to be the main contender this year.

I'm with you on Richmond being in the East. I think it makes that side of the playoffs, better and at least a little more balanced. So many great teams in the West already, put more contenders in the East.

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

The 4AA simply doesn't have a huge favorite.  I honestly believe 6 or 7 teams could prevail.

With 4A, totally different story.  I listed 7 schools, but 3 schools are really on my watch list:  East Forsyth, Page, and Scotland.  These 3 teams might have a challenge from the other 4 schools I listed, but on paper and based on numerous variable, these are the teams to watch.

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

When Mooresville scrimmages Myers Park this Friday on 8/16/19 @ 9:00 pm I would imagine there could be a big turnout to see the QB Drake Maye of Myers Park. Mooresville fans usually brings a big turnout of fans. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

Possibly but it is a scrimmage. Myers Park is loaded with talent. The more you think about them, the more you have to move them up the list of contenders, and they were already near the top.

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

I guess I was thinking with the other teams playing, the fans could hang around long enough to watch the QB play. Anyway some good scrimmages going on. I think South Iredell n Hickory will be a good matchup. But it is a scrimmage. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

You know how High School fans are... see their team then move on.it would mostly be the non-school tied fans that would stick around. But I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@daleross

That’s very true. Hard to say how many fans will be there but some good scrimmages will be going on. Hard to believe we are at that time of the year again. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

yep that time of year again, and I'm not allowed to enjoy like I have years ago. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Warriors1
(@warriors1)

Myers Park does not have the bigs to contend for a State Championship. Vance is returning the entire Defense that shut them out the entire 2nd half with 3 carries for 6 yards rushing. Scrimmaging Asheville and playing MHS, Providence, Olympic and South Meck is not going to help them figure out who they are as a Team. They also lost players on the O Line. Wr's, DB's, RB's and QB's don't work without the bigs. 

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@warriors1

I think Myers Park scrimmaging against  Charlotte Christian would be a better test. CC has South Meck in that first game. 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Vik-Val 86

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: