Mallard Creek Vs Dutch Fork

21 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

Are you going? I would if I were going to be in Town.

What are your Thoughts?

Randy
(@randyrimland)
Trusted Member

I was but I'm not now

this game should be amazing but I gotta go with Tommy at home

ReplyQuote
Warriors1
(@warriors1)

Probably the  most loaded MC team in School History with an estimated 15 FBS kids playing, New OC Hellams  has won 4 State Championships in SC, Along with 8 starters returning on a Palmieri Defense.  Although Knotts would be the safe pic. I'm going with the Creek

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Warriors1

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @randyrimland

I was but I'm not now

this game should be amazing but I gotta go with Tommy at home

I know you changed because of the MaxPreps thing. I wonder if @bummer51 has plans?

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

This is the classical anticipated Ali n Frazier fight. I could see this a close one perhaps DF winning with home field advantage. But who knows. My question is if this game gets rain out  or stormed out will there be a makeup game. If not. A lot disappointing fans. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vik-val-86

This is the classical anticipated Ali n Frazier fight. I could see this a close one perhaps DF winning with home field advantage. But who knows. My question is if this game gets rain out  or stormed out will there be a makeup game. If not. A lot disappointing fans. 

DF wanted to make it up last year, Mallard Creek didn't. Now with travel, I would expect the answer to be no. But... we'll see.

ReplyQuote
Warriors1
(@warriors1)

Coach Palmieri did not want to take the Drive down to Irmo on Monday, and than come back and prepare for Butler on Tuesday. So yes he declined on making the game up. He was not interested in any other dates. 

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

It's too bad that the game was not played last year, but it happened and hopefully we all can move on.  Personally, I wish the NCHSAA would have altered the "Sunday Rule" and allowed an NCHSAA team to play the game on Sunday.  However, I know many who do not share my opinion on the subject.  In fact, my opinion on that topic has somewhat evolved over the years.

I'm not attending the game, but I have scheduled my recording of the game.  It should be a great one, and I have tremendous respect for both football programs including their players and coaches.  I expect a strong defensive battle.  

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@jimwest

Yes, last year is last year. Legitimate question however on make-up if the game is impacted by weather. last season it was about not interfering with the Butler game. And week 2 for Mallard Creek this season has ... so it could suffer the same fate of cancellation.

ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@daleross

What are thoughts on this. Mine is have the game played toward the last part of non conference. This way the bugs are worked out and the fans will see better quality of both teams. Usually August means more pop up thunderstorms. I know it is what it is. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

These are suppressed to be special games played early . Last of nonconference is hurricane season. So we'd have that to deal with possibly. 

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

@daleross

True about hurricanes. Didn’t think about that. Anyway hopefully they will be able to play tonight with no interference of storms. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Topic starter  

@vik-val-86

I agree, how weather isn't a problem. But at least they have Saturday as a makeup day

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member

Any thoughts on how this game ended. With under 5 mins left in the game tied at 27 the weather played havoc again not allowing the game to finish. I wasn’t at this game. My thoughts is will we see Part 3 in 2020? 

ReplyQuote
Jim West
(@jimwest)
Member Registered

Posted by: @vik-val-86

Any thoughts on how this game ended. With under 5 mins left in the game tied at 27 the weather played havoc again not allowing the game to finish. I wasn’t at this game. My thoughts is will we see Part 3 in 2020? 

I hate it for the coaches, the players, and the fans that the weather impeded the completion of the game.  This also brings back feelings regarding all the tie games we used to see prior to 1980.  I remember researching one team (school was the 1974 South Iredell) that won 2 games, lost 4 games, and tied in 4 games.  Since that 1974 season, South Iredell has tied only one other team, and that was in 1975.  

The NCHSAA (and the WNCHSAA) had different ways of breaking up ties strictly for playoff purposes.  Back in 1967, North Stanly and North Davidson ended up in a 7 all stalemate.  North Davidson ran the ball up and down the field, but they would cough the ball up or lose possession on fluke plays.  During that season, the WNCHSAA would determine the winner of the game based on overall yardage.  While the scoreboard showed a tie, for playoff purposes, North Davidson was given the advantage over North Stanly should those two teams tie.  

In 1974, Pisgah and Tuscola tied 13 all in the 3A regional finals.  Pisgah was allowed to advance to the state championship game on...you guessed it....overall yardage.  

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: