Scrimmage jamboree at South Iredell

9 Posts
2 Users
5 Likes
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Aug 10 at South Iredell around  5:30/6:00 South Iredell is having a jamboree with these teams involved. 

South Iredell, Mooresville, Statesville, Northwest Cabarrus 

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Dale Ross

Dale Ross
(@daleross)
Illustrious Member Admin Registered

Got some rivals going at it.

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@vik-val-86

I added the following tag to your post: 2019_Football_Scrimmage If we can get others to use this tag, then all they'll to do is click that tag to see every topic on Scrimmages for this fall. That way we can go forward with other scrimmages from other sports and other seasons without confusion.

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@daleross

Thanks 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@daleross

I know South Iredell n Mooresville had been rivals for some time back in the day. Now South Iredell n Statesville is the biggest rival since they are in conference. Northwest Cabarrus will be real good this year and it will be interesting to see how they do in the scrimmage. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Here is the lineup for tomorrow evening scrimmage at South Iredell. 

6:00 pm With the JVs South Iredell will scrimmage against Mooresville, Statesville will scrimmage against NW Cabarrus.

7:00 pm Varsity Statesville plays NW Cabarrus, South Iredell plays Mooresville.

8pm South Iredell plays NW Cabarrus, Statesville plays Mooresville. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@vik-val-86

Thanks for the update. Should be a good first "test " for everyone. 

Vik-Val 86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

With the scrimmage played South Iredell JVs looked really well. With size and speed. The QB looks to have potentials along with a RB.  I thought they completed well with Mooresville. As for the Varsity goes South played ok. I think when they get the QB situation worked out they will be ok. South does have a 3rd year starter at RB. A 3 year starter at WR and CB. Also another good size WR. The line is good size. With Mooresville they did really well with the passing game and had some good runs. South was able to stop them at times behind the line. 

With Statesville JV they did well against NW Cabarrus. I think maybe 2-1 for Statesville score. But they look pretty much even. With the Varsity NW Cabarrus looked real good. Statesville did play well with them but show they have some work to do. Statesville did score first but NWC would score 3 times later. 

The scrimmages was cancelled early due to lighting. Even had a tornado warning on my phone that was in the near area. But  never saw it. 

Its early and its scrimmages. These teams will improve a lot  as the season goes. 

Now how do I feel how the NPC will turn out. After talking with people and observing I still feel as though Statesville has the chance to win the conference. I do hear West Rowan will return some good quality players. So don’t be surprised the talk will be Statesville, West Rowan, South Iredell battling out for the top 3 spots.

Here is my predictions and could be wrong.

Statesville

West Rowan/ South Iredell battling for 2 and 3 spot

East Rowan... Heard they have some quality players coming back. 

Carson... Heard they held their on with Piedmont and Concord scrimmage.

North Iredell. 

ReplyQuote
Dale Ross
(@daleross)

@vik-val-86

Thank you , I turned it into an article. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: