NPC non conference matchups

4 Posts
1 Users
3 Likes
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Its that time of the year. Week 1 matchups. I will attempt to make predictions for the NPC non conference matchups. 

Carson vs South Rowan... Two Rowan Co rivals. Carson leads the series 8-4. Last year Carson won 35-7. Last win South Rowan had over Carson was in 2016 19-16. Predictions... I think Carson continues the streak 28-14

South Iredell vs Cuthbertson... Did not play last year. This one is hard for me to gauge on. I think it could be close but will find out. With the game playing at South I will give them the edge 21-17. 

North Stanly vs East Rowan... Last year E. Rowan pulled out a close one 27-21. I have no clue as to what N Stanly has for this year. They were solid last year. I think East brings back a good group of players. E. Rowan by 7.

Hickory vs Statesville... Hickory will be without their starting QB for several weeks or so. It maybe conference before this player returns. Statesville shows they have potentials. Statesville has a big line with a good RB. I see Greyhounds winning this 35-13.

North Iredell vs Wilkes Central... last year North Iredell pulled out a win 20-14. I think this game could go either way. I call a tossup. Winner takes it by 7. 

Mooresville vs West Rowan... Hearing good things about West Rowan. With a good returning core of players. Mooresville had a real good performance against Myers Park in scrimmage. The defense was exceptionally good. Offense showed they needed some work. I think Mooresville will show better performance with the offense. I think defense will decide this one. Mooresville by 14. 

Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Big win for Carson had a big  over South Rowan 56-20. Carson 42-12 at halftime. According to the Salsibury Post RB Hunter Courtney has 344 yards and 3 TDs as he would break Carson record of Shawn Warren of 308 yards. Could we see Carson as they dark horse in this conference. Carson also had a new coach. We will see. I was not at this game. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

South Iredell n Cuthbertson will be rescheduled for tomorrow Saturday 24 at 6 pm due to weather. 

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Vik-Val 86
(@vik-val-86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Wilkes Central would pull out a win over N. Iredell 15-12. WC  used a trick play to pull it out with 42 secs to go in the game. This game was played late last night.

Dale Ross reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: