Posted: September 04, 2015
- Got there early in anticipation of the big crowd, but it ended up only being a good crowd, not the huge crowds we've seen in the past.
- Both bands seemed to be down in size from the past, possibly a sign of the times where kids have more responsibility and less time for extra curriculars such as these. The lightning delay also killed the halftime show as the bands left. 2nd year in a row for this, tough luck.
- Harding primarily runs a modified version of the Wing-T out of a shotgun look on offense, but they appeared to have a little more success the times they went to a Spread formation. More of that may be featured in coming weeks.
- QB Eugene Alexander does a good job running the ball - once he started to do that things started happening for the Rams offensively. He adds a dynamic punch and should be a feature in the things they like to do consistently.
- West Charlotte got their big defensive tackle Marlon Dunlap back and it showed as Harding could only muster 1 first down in the first quarter.
- Harding also went for a 4th and short on the 10 yard line in their own territory and came up short. West Charlotte then scored a TD to make it 21-0 in the second quarter. That was a big turning point in the game.
- Offensively QB Isaiah Cole threw 3 TD passes, primarily on his ability to get outside of the pocket and see the field. He has athletes at WR that can go get the ball, and WC's offense when balanced can cause some problems with their athletic ability.
- Defensively Harding a lot of the time was in place to make plays, but just couldn't secure the ball carrier on a consistent basis. West Charlotte runs hard, but Harding is young in some spots and will learn from these mistakes.
- #27 at RB for Harding had a couple of impressive runs later in the game. It will be fun to see him grow through the years as someone told me he was only a Freshman.
- West Charlotte defensively really did a good job of flowing to the football. A couple of times Harding got behind them on playaction but missed a big play. A little more work and Harding will hit those in future games.
- Penalties got the best of Harding also, a couple of times big plays were overturned by penalties - a TD was taken off of the board, as well as an interception. Coach Sam Griner was clearly not happy with the calls, but will preach to his players also about discipline for sure.
- Next week Harding will finally have their home opener, playing against East Meck. They also plan to dedicate the stadium to Dave Harris, former coach there. Come out if you can, should be a nice ceremony.
- West Charlotte will travel to face Belmont South Point in a good test for them. I think their athletes could have success on offense, but the defense will really have to tackle well against the Redbone offense.
- Shoutout to Coach Lipscomb, DL coach at West Charlotte who supports us, as well as Coach Hart who really has a great perspective on how he wants to build the program at West Charlotte.
- We will have pictures and videos from the game posted in the forums, and will add the links here as well as they are posted. Good luck to both teams going forward!
Post Game Interviews
WC RB Jacoria Patton:
WC QB Isaiah Cole:
WC Head Coach Daren Hart: