Welcome to CarolinaVarsity.com Forums

Artificial Turf
Last Post 06/12/2019 9:29 AM by 84k. 4 Replies.
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Vik-Val 86 Posts:225 Junior Member Junior Member
--
06/07/2019 11:07 AM 0
What are the thoughts of all High Schools eventually having turf in the future. Could it happen or will it be that some will have it and some not. I know AL Brown and Kings Mountain will have one this year. Are there any schools on a list that will get one in the near future.
Jim West Posts:2468
--
06/10/2019 8:23 PM 1
I imagine many school districts are performing cost analysis on this issue.

Over the past 4 seasons, we have seen many fields torn up due to poor drainage and vast amounts of rain. I am sure that field maintenance has been a larger financial burden for many schools.
Vik-Val 86 Posts:225 Junior Member Junior Member
--
06/10/2019 8:59 PM 0
Thanks Jim. I’m looking forward to see how AL Brown’s field will look when they get it done. I’m not that far from the High School. I would imagine they will start on it soon I guess since school is out. But haven’t heard yet of starting date for replacing with turf.
KM2ASU Posts:20 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
06/11/2019 10:37 AM 1
At Kings Mountain, there is a creek that runs directly underneath the field. Many people do not know this. In the 60's, a 6ft corrugated drain was installed, and I'm not sure it's ever been replaced, but over the last couple of years we noticed a change in the way the field drained. The corrugated drain was rusted out, and had crushed in several places, and the creek plus additional rain took it's toll on the whole South Endzone area, starting from about the 30 through the endzone. Crest and West Rowan got to experience this, because as luck would have it, most of our games last year were played on this end.
The sprinkler system was also going to have to be replaced, so the logical choice was to look at all the long term expenses. Fortunately we have a strong organization KMTD Club that will privately raise funds to install the Field, Track, and Tennis Courts and then turn it over to the County Schools for future maintenance. This old coach will be glad NOT to paint anymore ticks.
84k Posts:558 Senior Member Senior Member
--
06/12/2019 9:29 AM 1
They are supposed to start on the turf field on Monday at Kannapolis.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: atonybrown
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 1
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 4261

People Online People Online:
Visitors Visitors: 149
Members Members: 0
Total Total: 149

Online Now Online Now:

What's happening when and where...