Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

newhc
Freshman Member
Freshman Member

--
05/28/2019 5:54 PM

Looks like Rocky White is out at South Meck:  https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/s...ssion=true

Any Ideas on who's next for South Meck?

Jim West

--
    05/28/2019 6:07 PM
    I might be wrong but in the past 25 years only one time (2008) has SM reached the 2nd round of the playoffs.

As far as finding a new HC, I have no idea who SM will hire.

Dale Ross
    Site Admin

--
    05/29/2019 9:12 AM
    Yeah, promote from within, hire from outside. But not much change if there aren't other, more significant changes.

Good luck to whomever gets it.

bigb704
    Middle School
    Middle School

--
    06/02/2019 1:15 PM
    has there been any word of who they are interested in for the job?

bigb704
    Middle School
    Middle School

--
    06/02/2019 1:22 PM
    Posted By Dale Ross on 05/29/2019 9:12 AM
    Yeah, promote from within, hire from outside. But not much change if there aren't other, more significant changes.

How bad is it over there at SM?

btango

--
    06/03/2019 12:10 AM
    This is the job Greiner should be interested in. Not far from his house. No way to go but up. If I am South AD principal and AD this is a move I think that could spark interest and get some excitement built.

Dale Ross
    Site Admin

--
    06/03/2019 9:19 AM
    Posted By bigb704 on 06/02/2019 1:22 PM
    Posted By Dale Ross on 05/29/2019 9:12 AM

How bad is it over there at SM?

It's not a question that can be answered today because of Administration changes. The #1 Key element to being successful at any High School is administration. the answer to that questions lies in the Principal/AD combination for next year.

Vco
    Sophomore Member
    Sophomore Member

--
    06/03/2019 2:24 PM
    No doubt in my mind... if I am the South Meck AD... I do one of two things...
    1) you hire Greiner and spark a lot of excitement. This will be his 3rd job in 3 yrs... he will be more focused than ever to win and stay. Nobody wants to have the jump around label.

Or

2) since the AD is from MC ... Hire someone from the MC coaching tree to bring a little bit of creek to the south side. That also will spark a little excitement.
    All of this waiting around stuff is not helping the situation at all.

btango

--
    06/03/2019 3:09 PM
    Greiner will be like lightening if he gets the job. I am sure he is thinking, "I'll show them."

Jim West

--
    06/03/2019 3:24 PM
    Will Greiner go back and coach at a CMS school? I'm asking because I don't know.

Vco
    Sophomore Member
    Sophomore Member

--
    06/03/2019 3:50 PM
    Why wouldn’t he? Lol of course he would. I can answer that without even talking to Greiner. Coaches want to coach.
    All about support from the AD.

Jim West

--
    06/04/2019 8:02 AM
    Posted By Vco on 06/03/2019 3:50 PM
    Why wouldn’t he? Lol of course he would. I can answer that without even talking to Greiner. Coaches want to coach.
    All about support from the AD.

I merely asked this because some coaches who have coached in CMS before have espoused to me that they would have to be fairly desperate to return to a CMS school.  I know Sam has a home in Mecklenburg County, so he might still be inclined to take on a job with CMS.  When he was at Harding, he might not have received all the support he needed.  Sam was doing everything at Harding...one hard worker!

Dale Ross
    Site Admin

--
    06/04/2019 10:47 AM
    @Jim West, yes he was pretty much doing everything. Too much IMO. He won a state title, but honestly he can burn out very quickly. Plus, some things can fly under the radar on you. If he can get paired with a Good AD/Principal, he'll do well.

we went from South Mecklenburg to Coach Greiner... back to South

It's hard to bet on what could happen at South Mecklenburg. Yes, new Admin. But... if you look across CMS you'll find a lot of holes in the Principal/AD WANT football to succeed. In fact the norm is that football is an necessary evil.

Let's go on that South does have great combination of Principal and AD, something not seen since the early 90's? Who are they going to hire this late in the game? What options do they have? Coach Greiner is available. What happened with Miles Aldridge? Is a Head Coach somewhere else going to jump ship to come to South? VCO says hire someone from the Mallard Creek Staff. You hire Stone? Myers Park has a bevy of former head coaches on staff as assistants.

This late in the, game not a good move by South.

And yes Jim, many coaches will tell you of the problems coaching in CMS... especially if they've been at a school with poor support.

Vco
    Sophomore Member
    Sophomore Member

--
    06/04/2019 8:29 PM
    @Dale... yes a coach from the MP staff wouldn’t be bad either.
    @ Jim... talking that job may be tough. They have a BRUTAL non conference schedule lol
    Vance
    MP
    Catholic
    Wedding

That’s 3 of the four teams that played for state championships.. geez

btango

--
    06/05/2019 8:44 AM
    My concern with the South hire is how will that influence another staff / team negatively. Lose a coordinator to the SM HC slot and he takes two assistants to be the OC and DC from the staff. Now you just gutted a staff that may be a state contender.

The people that made the decision to fire a head coach due to record at the very end if school should not have jobs with decision making abilities. If Rocky White were to be terminated it should have happened as close to the finish of the season as possible. Fair to the school, team, him, staff, and incoming coach. Wake up, CMS!

Dale Ross
    Site Admin

--
    06/05/2019 10:50 AM
    That's optimistic, being able to take two coaches and five them coordinator jobs. That would be three positions in the school as teachers most likely. The principal will really have to be a fan of football in the school. It's hard for most coaches to hire one, let alone two. But we'll see I guess.

Coaches will most likely come from in the school or volunteer; that is my guess.

If someone is able to "gut" a staff like that, do be it. As coaches they are doing what they feel is best for them and not trying to hurt a staff.

Dale Ross
    Site Admin

--
    06/05/2019 11:38 AM
    @VCO, it's a tough schedule, but shouldn't scare anyone.

But it makes me recall what a HC told me, the week his team was preparing for a playoff game against a state power. The principal of his school didn't think they should play the game because they wete going to lose badly.

While the HC knew the game could be brutal ; it was not the attitude he had towards playing the game.

camgator
    Sophomore Member
    Sophomore Member

--
    06/11/2019 8:18 PM
    laughable anyone thought Greiner would take this job, good luck to Joe

btango

--
    06/12/2019 12:36 AM

Posted By camgator on 06/11/2019 8:18 PM
    laughable anyone thought Greiner would take this job, good luck to Joe

Would not surprise me to see Greiner end up in staff at South. Bet Evans may have even reached out to him.

Hopefully Evans is treated much better by the South admin than he was at Indy and AK. I think this could turn out to be a nice match.

btango

--
    06/12/2019 12:37 AM
    Providence just came open.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: atonybrown
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 1
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
    User Count Overall: 4261

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 192