Welcome to CarolinaVarsity.com Forums

Catholic 28 Sun Valley 7
Last Post 10/10/2018 11:57 PM by tes131313. 7 Replies.
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mwinnn Posts:190 Sophomore Member Sophomore Member
--
10/05/2018 11:02 PM 0

Weird game, Catholic Defense which had bludgeoned everybody to death all year decided to play only 3 defensive linemen and drop linebackers into coverage all night. Sun Valley had a free 4 to 6 yard rush all night but did not consistently take it.

Catholic Offense went nowhere in the first quarter, then showed what they could be by dominating the second quarter to score three touchdowns on two dominating ground and pound drives and a quick strike drive to end the half.

3rd quarter saw Sun Valley moving the ball but self destructing or being blown up on key downs and penalties ( by a defense that chose to remain defensive vs Sam Howell instead of being aggressive). Catholic offense went back to not dominating the run game and did nothing.

Finally in the 4th Qt after a couple of good stops by the D (who were still playing careful vs Howell back on thier heels), Catholic mounted a drive that ate up the back end of the quarter that ended the game.

Still don’t know what to make of this team, still feels like if this offense played up to thier talent level, a lot of these games (Country Day, Weddington, Monroe and Sun Valley) should not have been close and this offense should have been worth at least one score against Charlotte Christian.

mwinnn Posts:190 Sophomore Member Sophomore Member
--
10/06/2018 1:12 PM 0
After sleeping on it and rereading my previous comments a couple of observations.

have never seen Catholic run that defense before, but it was effective against a great quaterback, really made him work for everything. The offense looked SOOO good in the 2nd quarter, if they can get to that level consistently, this team can be as good, if not better, than last years team.

Billy Hambrook made one of the best plays by an O-lineman to save a turnover I have ever seen. A Sun Valley D-back cut in front of Micheal Neal and intercepted a pass from Walton. Hambrook, A 260 pound lineman easily ran the speedy D-back down and put a strip move on him that would have made an NFL linebacker proud. The D-back fumbled the interception and Catholic recovered. I thought it was the play of the game and amazing to see an o-lineman at that size have so much speed. Overall this was a good level of improvement on the Offensive side, and showed the versatility we have on Defense .
tes131313 Posts:538 Senior Member Senior Member
--
10/09/2018 11:26 PM 0

Howell went 9-20 for 77yards and 1 TD how is this a great QB?

Hold The Line Posts:283 Junior Member Junior Member
--
10/10/2018 5:17 AM 0

Sam faced the #1 3A team in the State, and a great coached Charlotte Catholic Def,  Don't know where you been tes, probally need to come and watch him play, he best QB to come out of Union County Period.

--
10/10/2018 9:26 AM 0

I was being facetious hold the line. Howell is a good QB and will do okay at the next level. I wish him good luck. I have seen him play several times the last being against Weddington this year. My thing with this staff is they have been more interested with piling up stats. I have been around SV for many years and the talent that this staff has had in the last four years has been wasted. 

mrhonda Posts:656 Senior Member Senior Member
--
10/10/2018 10:20 AM 0
Posted By Hold The Line on 10/10/2018 5:17 AM

Sam faced the #1 3A team in the State, and a great coached Charlotte Catholic Def,  Don't know where you been tes, probally need to come and watch him play, he best QB to come out of Union County Period.

I've seen Sam twice.  I've come away impressed.  Pretty good player. 

Hold The Line Posts:283 Junior Member Junior Member
--
10/10/2018 5:16 PM 0
As far as talent waisted, that's your opinion. I been around at SV as well. I believe they have took SV further that any other coaching staff ever has, and SV has had really good coaches. But not gonna get into a argument about opinions. Everybody's got one. You post every year to express your dislike, so go ahead on with your opinion.
--
10/10/2018 11:57 PM 0

Come on Hold the Line Stein went to the third round twice with alot less talent. You cannot tell me that these teams are more talented than any Stein had. Again as you say that is my opinion and you have yours.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: Ivette Sastoque
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 4202

People Online People Online:
Visitors Visitors: 737
Members Members: 1
Total Total: 738

Online Now Online Now:
Online Boxman