Welcome to CarolinaVarsity.com Forums

South Iredell outlook
Last Post 07/19/2018 3:47 AM by Vik-Val 86. 8 Replies.
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Vik-Val 86 Posts:42 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/11/2018 12:55 PM 1
I believe South Iredell will be ok this season. With Brady Pope graduated South will look like a different team, With a good coach like Scott Miller I think he will have them ready. I was at the 7 on 7 when South Iredell played against Hough. I was impressed with South’s players hustling like they did. I know you can’t put no stock on 7 on 7 but I have to amit that South did a good job at catching the ball as well as they did. Even seen a couple interceptions. I do think however it may be that their defense may have to carry them more this season until the offense can start coming together. Not sure who SI QB will be but I think they will do ok this year. Definitely want be the team like last year. I do see them battling out 2nd spot in the conference. It’s early yet and of course this is my opinion. I still think at this point it could come down between West Rowan and Statesville but South could have a say.
Jim West Posts:1804
--
07/11/2018 8:46 PM 0
I don’t think there is a dominant school in the NPC this upcoming season. South Iredell, West Rowan, or Statesville could emerge as a top 25 team. Right now I will pick West Rowan but it won’t be a cake walk for WR.
--
07/11/2018 9:01 PM 0
Jim, I do agree with you NPC doesn’t have that dominant school. It could be WR or maybe Statesville. I’ve even thought about a 3 way tie for first. It will be interesting to see how this conference turns out.
allenjd4life Posts:52 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/13/2018 12:17 PM 0
Been hearing positives from Statesville and West Rowan but I know South lost a Lot but never under estimate Scott Miller even without him I have the Vikings a top 3 team
BlueDevilsBiggestFan Posts:352 Junior Member Junior Member
--
07/15/2018 2:05 PM 0

Right Now I have -- 1. Statesville 2. West Rowan 3. South Iredell 4th. East Rowan 5. North Iredell 6. Carson -- I have heard Positive things from all 3 but One gets my attention is Statesville. They have worked very very hard this off season n have looked very good throughout - I understand that 7 on 7s have no indication on how team does but When ur being Consistent week in n week out in the off season where its in the weight room or practice or whatever - That is a good sign

I agree with Jim West that - There is no dominate team but i think all 3 team can make a decent run this yr in playoffs. I think it will be a battle for the conference championship!

Jim West Posts:1804
--
07/15/2018 3:48 PM 0
Posted By BlueDevilsBiggestFan on 07/15/2018 2:05 PM

Right Now I have -- 1. Statesville 2. West Rowan 3. South Iredell 4th. East Rowan 5. North Iredell 6. Carson -- I have heard Positive things from all 3 but One gets my attention is Statesville. They have worked very very hard this off season n have looked very good throughout - I understand that 7 on 7s have no indication on how team does but When ur being Consistent week in n week out in the off season where its in the weight room or practice or whatever - That is a good sign

I agree with Jim West that - There is no dominate team but i think all 3 team can make a decent run this yr in playoffs. I think it will be a battle for the conference championship!

North Iredell 5th and Carson 6th:  is this a statement that North Iredell has improved or that Carson has dropped?  I think I had Carson fighting East Rowan for 4th so I'm curious on your thoughts.

BlueDevilsBiggestFan Posts:352 Junior Member Junior Member
--
07/15/2018 4:29 PM 0

I think North Can win a few games.... maybe 3-4 wins at most in my view 

Carson- They many new faces on Offense with a New QB n some new linemen so Therefore with the offense they RUN - They are more like a South Rowan perface in Slow methoical team n They cant handle speed so Thats my thought on Carson. 

With East- on Paper they do pass the EYE TEST for me, Last yr they had roughtly around 5-8 FR on the Varsity Roster. I think this yr they will have a solid mix of youth n Senior with alot of JRS so will see if they put something together and from one good rowan co. buddies - he think they could maybe get up to 5 wins 

Slash Posts:78 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/19/2018 2:05 AM 0
North Iredell has improved; they were young and rough to watch last year but this year they had what looked to be a new staff and they were coaching them hard. Don't think they will be world winners but they will break the losing streak this year. See Forbush and West Iredell at least being winnable games. Got a good arm'ed QB and fast WR and RB. Will be handful on O but their D isn't great.
--
07/19/2018 3:47 AM 0
I would like to see North Iredell get back to the days of old and start getting in some wins. Maybe after a win or two it will help boost their confidence up. I also believe they are capable of winning at least a couple games or so this season.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: AKALUM2012
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 1
User Count Overall: 4126

People Online People Online:
Visitors Visitors: 216
Members Members: 0
Total Total: 216

Online Now Online Now:

What's happening when and where...