Welcome to CarolinaVarsity.com Forums

South Fork 2A and Northwest Foothills 2A Early Bird Predictions
Last Post 07/19/2018 4:50 AM by Vik-Val 86. 8 Replies.
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
allenjd4life Posts:52 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/09/2018 5:47 PM 0
South Fork 2A
1. East Lincoln-returns a lot from last year's playoff team also returns QB Marcus Graham giving the mustangs the slight edge
2.Lincolnton-Returns QB littlejohn from Georgia plus key new transfers equals success? Chemistry could be a issue but talent is there
3. Maiden-Returns 3 WR and LB Morgan jv team went undefeated with sipe more of pocket guy the weakness is youth and running talent is there is the young devils grow up fast the ceiling is the roof for this team
4. Bandys-New coach young team but like maiden bandys had a good jv team as well
5. North Lincoln-Great steal in coach bazzle and new freshman hb cribbs the future looks bright for the knights early season brutal schedule could help the knight's in conference
6. Newton-Conover- young and inexperienced will hurt this team this season pack is a great rebuilder team will be back soon
7. West Lincoln-lost a lot from last year's playoff team rebuild year for the rebels but could climb to 6th play Newton well at home always
8.Lake Norman Charter-Easy non conference but still rebuilding time in Huntersville
Northwest Foothills 2A
1. Hibriten-Easy conference Easy favorite will they repeat as state champs?
2. Foard-Returns 3 year qb but after losing a couple key guys a rebuilding 1 win jv team could drop Foard a few pegs
3. Bunker Hill-Young 7 win jv team and a new winning coach it's a new day at the hill. If youth can deliver early and jv grow up fast this could be this year's Foard
4. Patton-lost a lot from last year's playoff team new coach could be rebuilding time in Patton but has enough talent to stay middle of the pack
5. Draughn- been hearing positive things from this team ceiling high as 3rd I'll go with 5th now
6. West Iredell-rebuilding time after 5 wins last year lost qb and hb and 1 win jv team
7. East Burke-another rebuilding year for the Cavs plain and simple
Jim West Posts:1804
--
07/09/2018 8:03 PM 0
The South Fork conference should be quite competitive. I see 4-5 teams making the playoffs. Bandys might be a year away from making some true noise.

The NW Foothills will be 1. Hibriten, 2. Fred T. Foard, and 3. Everyone else. I think that 3rd place is wide open. I am interested on how Patton adjusts this year with a new HC.
--
07/10/2018 12:23 AM 0
Jim I'm still not sold on Foard yes they have a 3 year qb but after losing a couple key guys could they stumble a bit? I'm very interested in seeing how much they've lost in a match many people have as the #1 conference team in maiden. I'm also interested in seeing how many non conference games bunker hill can win. Bunker Hill is winnable in all but 1 non conference match this season to me. We should have a clear #2 and #3 in that conference before conference play
Jim West Posts:1804
--
07/10/2018 11:38 AM 0
Excellent point. I have a lot of faith that Coach Minor will develop talent during the off-season and will have contingency plans for 2018.
Vik-Val 86 Posts:42 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/11/2018 12:28 PM 0
I was at the Maiden and East Lincoln game last season. After the performance I seen East Lincoln had against Maiden I felt like the potential is there for East Lincoln to maybe win the conference this year. I think Lincolnton will be back up again and would not surprise me to see it come down between the two. Maiden will be up there as well but not sure if they will be the team like last season. This conference definitely will be fun to watch to see how it turns out.
--
07/13/2018 12:19 PM 0
Lets not forget Marcus Graham is back as well East Lincoln should be marjorly improved
BlueDevilsBiggestFan Posts:352 Junior Member Junior Member
--
07/15/2018 2:13 PM 0
For NW foothills : I think yall are sleeping on West Iredell - All of good things are going on there - New Administration , New Coach on staff - etc -- Here is my version of standings: 1. Hibriten 2. West Iredell 3. Foard. 4. Bunker Hilll 5. Patton 6. EB 7. Draughn -- I think WI still have enough talent there to compete at the 2a level, I think the biggest question is QB n how their lines do.

For South Fork: I agree with Allen but both EL n Lincoln will still slightly be rebuilding this so Idk if they are guaranteed the conference title but im sure they will be in the mix I think top 3-4 team will be in the mix for the title
Slash Posts:78 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/19/2018 1:32 AM 0
Bunker Hill's gonna be a ton better as they finally have a competent coach on board now. Haynie's a nice guy but is nothing but a charlatan HC. He was just as bad at North Wilkes at the start of the decade and like that school he got forced out once talent came thru. IDK if Bunker Hill will win a conference title or not like NW did but I see this JV group having a good run and maybe turning things around there. That conference is ripe for them. East Burke is back to being horrendous again once Brown got out of dodge like I figured they would be. Draughn's gonna get to being competitive in a few years but they will be cellar bound for a little while. West will be tested quite a bit the next couple of years; this will test the new HC as he has some lesser talent but with the right coaching they can be playoff caliber due to beating the lower end teams in this conference. Really shoulda gotten 2nd place last year. Patton I see dropping to earth a bit as their overrated coach is gone. Maybe the new guy will make them more disciplined. They will either get better or he will have to deal with Eanes's trash.

The other conference is gonna be the same ole boring conference it always is. The Lincoln schools and Maiden competing for the title every year. I'm not sure if Bandys will improve that much or not. I met Lowman 3 years back with a few other coaches and he told us how impossible it was to coach there. He said he did everything he could do but the talent just isn't there anymore they go to Maiden or somewhere else. They had some Not sure if Eanes can get any of those kids back considering he leaves places a ton. He will either turn them around or be a bust that's been the story of his career. Just hope he doesn't do the mover/shaker stuff on Bandys they were so nice to us when we met them.

North Lincoln's gonna be a powder keg with Bazzle there if he's allowed to get going. Feel awful for West Lincoln and LN Charter they are just cannon fodder. LNC really needs to be put in the Southern Piedmont but I don't see the state doing it they could compete in that conference.
Vik-Val 86 Posts:42 Freshman Member Freshman Member
--
07/19/2018 4:50 AM 0
Here is what I like to see happen. North Davidson goes to the west in the 2AA bracket. And watch N. Davidson match up against Hibriten. That one I believe will be a classic and packed as well.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: AKALUM2012
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 1
User Count Overall: 4126

People Online People Online:
Visitors Visitors: 216
Members Members: 0
Total Total: 216

Online Now Online Now:

What's happening when and where...