Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

Jim West

--
06/06/2018 4:00 PM

3A-4A Northwestern Conference:

Favorite:  Freedom (3A)

Contenders:  Watauga (3A), Alexander Central (3A)

Rest of the Conference:  Hickory (3A), West Caldwell (3A), St. Stephens (3A), South Caldwell (4A), McDowell County (4A)

Notes:  Freedom gets a slight edge over Watauga with Alexander Central right on their heels.  Hickory could make some noise this year.

3A-4A Patriot Conference:

Favorite: South View (4A)

Contenders:  Terry Sanford (3A), Cape Fear (3A), Overhills (4A), EE Smith (3A)

Rest of the Conference:  Pine Forest (3A), Westover (3A), Gray's Creek (3A), Douglas Byrd (3A)

Notes:  South View is a moderate favorite to win the conference.  Terry Sanford and Cape Fear will be no easy out.  Darkhorses include Overhills and E.E. Smith.  Overall, a very good conference.

3A-4A Mideastern Conference:

Favorite:  Hoggard (4A)

Contenders:  New Hanover (3A)

Rest of the Conference:  West Brunswick (3A), Laney (4A), South Brunswick (3A), North Brunswick (3A), Ashley (4A), Topsail (3A)

Notes:  Hoggard may not be as good as last year and the same holds true with New Hanover.  Laney might be the darkhorse in this conference.

3A-4A Eastern Carolina Conference:

Favorite:  Conley (3A)

Contenders:  Rose (3A), South Central (4A)

Rest of the Conference:  New Bern (4A), Eastern Wayne (3A), CB Aycock (3A), Southern Wayne (3A)

Notes:  I don't see any team within the conference that will stop Conley from scoring at will.  Rose will improve while South Central will rebuild.  New Bern has some issues, especially with no head coach on staff.

4A Northern Athletic Conference:

Favorite:  Wake Forest 

Contenders:  Heritage

Rest of the Conference:  Rolesville, Knightdale, Wakefield, Corinth Holders

Notes:  Wake Forest and Heritage may not be as great as they were in 2017.  However, both are still on very solid ground.  The rest of the conference will struggle.

4A CAP-7 Conference:

Favorite:  Cardinal Gibbons

Contenders:  Sanderson, Millbrook

Rest of the Conference:  SE Raleigh, Leesville Road, Broughton, Enloe

Notes:  Cardinal Gibbons gets the nod to win this conference.  Sanderson and Millbrook will be playoff contenders.  SE Raleigh will be on the rise.

4A South Wake Conference:

Favorite:  Garner

Contenders:  Fuquay-Varina, Middle Creek

Rest of the Conference:  Apex Friendship, Holly Springs, Apex

Notes:  Garner has the tools to make a deep run in the playoffs.  Fuquay-Varina will also be much improved.  Middle Creek could make some noise but still has a few unknowns for me to move them any higher. 

4A Triangle 6 Conference:

Favorite:  Green Hope

Rest of the Conference:  Athens Drive, Jordan, Riverside, Cary, Panther Creek

Notes:  Green Hope is a solid favorite to win the conference.  Athens Drive and Jordan should fight it out for 2nd place in the conference.

4A Sandhills Conference:

Favorite:  Jack Britt

Contenders:  Scotland, Richmond County, Pinecrest, Seventy-First

Rest of the Conference:  Lumberton, Purnell Swett, Hoke County

Notes:  On paper, Jack Britt is the favorite to win the conference crown.  Scotland and Richmond County are right in contention too.  Pinecrest and Seventy-First are solid playoff teams.  Overall, this is one of the toughest 3 conferences in the state.

4A All-Metro Conference:

Favorite:  Page

Rest of the Conference:  Grimsley, Ragsdale, NW Guilford, High Point Central

Notes:  Page will easily win this conference and be in contention for the 4AA state crown.  The rest of the conference will be weak although Grimsley could surprise.

4A Central Piedmont Conference:

Favorite:  East Forsyth

Contenders:  West Forsyth, Glenn

Rest of the Conference:  Davie County, RJ Reynolds, Reagan

Notes:  With the exception of East Forsyth, this conference may not be quite as strong as 2017 when it was a brutal conference for foes.  East Forsyth should win this conference although West Forsyth and Glenn will be in the mix.

4A So. Meck 7 Conference:

Favorite:  Providence

Contenders:  West Mecklenburg, Harding

Rest of the Conference:  Olympic, South Mecklenburg, Ardrey Kell, Berry Academy

Notes:  Providence is a slight favorite over West Mecklenburg and Harding.  Olympic and South Mecklenburg should be improved over their 2017 teams.  Ardrey Kell might surprise while Berry Academy still looks for a head coach.

4A I-Meck Conference:

Favorite:  Mallard Creek

Contenders:  Hough, Vance, North Mecklenburg

Rest of the Conference:  Mooresville, West Charlotte, Lake Norman, Hopewell

Notes:  Mallard Creek is poised to repeat at I-Meck champions although Hough and Vance will keep them alert.  Hough has an influx of talent come in while Vance will be a very strong team.  North Mecklenburg is by no means a slouch...they could sneak into the top-3.  Mooresville, West Charlotte, and Lake Norman will fight it out for 5th place.  This is the premier 4A conference in 2018.

4A Southwestern Conference:

Favorite:  Butler

Contenders:  Myers Park, Hickory Ridge, Porter Ridge

Rest of the Conference:  Independence, East Mecklenburg, Rocky River, Garinger

Notes:  Butler is the clear favorite to win the conference crown.  Myers Park, Hickory Ridge, and Porter Ridge will all be fighting it out for 2nd place.  Independence might be the darkhorse although 2019 might be the year the Patriots will shine brighter.  I would not dismiss Rocky River as they have shown that they can stay within striking distance of many teams.

The way too early top 25 4A rankings:

1.  Mallard Creek

2.  Butler

3.  Page

4.  Wake Forest

5.  Hough

6.  Garner

7.  East Forsyth

8.  Vance

9.  Cardinal Gibbons

10.  Jack Britt

11.  Myers Park

12.  South View

13.  Hickory Ridge

14.  Fuquay-Varina

15.  Porter Ridge

16.  Richmond County

17.  Scotland

18.  Providence

19.  West Forsyth

20.  Middle Creek

21.  Pinecrest

22.  Hoggard

23.  North Mecklenburg

24.  West Mecklenburg

25.  Harding

704cougarsdad

--
    06/06/2018 4:30 PM
    The 2 I think ur over selling and underselling is butler n Myers park. I think butler will b good as always but not top 3, and underselling Myers park. The addition of maye with bowick n Muhammad on the outside will b a problem.

Jim West

--
    06/06/2018 4:54 PM
    Here is an idea what the playoffs might look like:

4AA West

(1) Mallard Creek (bye)
    (9) North Mecklenburg at (8) Pinecrest
    (4) Hough (bye)
    (12) South Meck at (5) Myers Park
    (3) Providence (bye)
    (11) Independence at (6) Richmond County
    (2) Butler (bye)
    (10) Olympic at (7) West Forsyth

4AA East

(1) Wake Forest (bye)
    (9) Millbrook at (8) Middle Creek
    (4) Green Hope (bye)
    (12) Rolesville at (5) Fuquay-Varina
    (3) Jack Britt (bye)
    (11) Laney at (6) Sanderson
    (2) Garner (bye)
    (10) Leesville Road at (7) Athens Drive

4A West

(1) East Forsyth (bye)
    (9) Mooresville at (8) Glenn
    (4) Vance (bye)
    (12) Ragsdale at (5) Hickory Ridge
    (3) West Mecklenburg (bye)
    (11) West Charlotte at (6) Porter Ridge
    (2) South Caldwell (bye)
    (10) Davie County at (7) Harding

4A East

(1) Page (bye)
    (9) Seventy-First at (8) Scotland
    (4) Hoggard (bye)
    (12) Southeast Raleigh at (5) South Central
    (3) South View (bye)
    (11) Jordan at (6) Heritage
    (2) Cardinal Gibbons (bye)
    (10) Overhills at (7) Grimsley

Jim West

--
    06/06/2018 5:45 PM

Posted By 704cougarsdad on 06/06/2018 4:30 PM
    The 2 I think ur over selling and underselling is butler n Myers park. I think butler will b good as always but not top 3, and underselling Myers park. The addition of maye with bowick n Muhammad on the outside will b a problem.

Thanks for the info. What’s your top 5 picks? Where does Myers Park and Butler fall?

RD28327

--
    06/06/2018 5:54 PM
    Richmond and 71st decides the Sandhills Athletic Conference title.

MHSGoBlueDevils

--
    06/06/2018 5:56 PM
    Don’t be shocked if we challenge with N Meck for 4th. I actually think we have a real shot at 7-8 wins. Coach Wells has changed the entire attitude of the program already, we bring up a lot of arguably the best JV team we’ve ever had. I think we should be far improved over last year. Still some question marks, not sure who the QB will be etc. but I like the direction we are moving.

My early Imeck outlook would look like this:

1. Creek
    2. Hough
    3. Vance
    4. Mooresville
    5. N meck
    6. W charlotte
    7. LKN
    8. Hopewell

But then again maybe I’m just overly optimistic because of the coaching changes up here lol. But I believe we can be pretty solid this year.
    Lets Go Blue Devils!

704cougarsdad

--
    06/06/2018 6:37 PM
    I agree with MHS. They will b in the top 4. And lines are shifting between us and mallard creek. We will get 400 of creeks students which will solidify us in 4AA from this point on.

pepman
    Dale's right Hand Man

--
    06/06/2018 7:41 PM
    Butler is loaded cougarsdad, I dont think thats overselling based on right now.
    Follow me on Twitter @pepmancv Email Me Directly: matt.morrow6164@gmail.com

Jim West

--
    06/06/2018 8:00 PM

Posted By RD28327 on 06/06/2018 5:54 PM
    Richmond and 71st decides the Sandhills Athletic Conference title.

I like Richmond and 71st too. Richmond will make strides this year. I am really high on Jack Britt.

I think Scotland will be fine but won’t dominate. Pinecrest should be fine too. I love this conference.

Jim West

--
    06/06/2018 8:03 PM

Posted By MHSGoBlueDevils on 06/06/2018 5:56 PM
    Don’t be shocked if we challenge with N Meck for 4th. I actually think we have a real shot at 7-8 wins. Coach Wells has changed the entire attitude of the program already, we bring up a lot of arguably the best JV team we’ve ever had. I think we should be far improved over last year. Still some question marks, not sure who the QB will be etc. but I like the direction we are moving.

1. Creek
    2. Hough
    3. Vance
    4. Mooresville
    5. N meck
    6. W charlotte
    7. LKN
    8. Hopewell

But then again maybe I’m just overly optimistic because of the coaching changes up here lol. But I believe we can be pretty solid this year.

Mooresville will be improved. I picked NM 4th as a testament to Coach Morman. I think NM, Mooresville, and even West Charlotte could shock people.

bear5034

--
    06/06/2018 8:49 PM

Posted By 704cougarsdad on 06/06/2018 4:30 PM

I think there are two things you cant forget about Myers Park. First they got the Butler monkey off their back last year. Huge confidence builder. 2nd, Evans has been in place for over a year now in the strength and conditioning role. As a whole that starts to pay dividends this fall. They have been physically beaten in the past. I suspect that now comes to an end.

Jim West

--
    06/06/2018 9:59 PM
    Myers Park did win a big playoff game against Butler. I believe that win opened many eyes.

Myers Park may be ranked too low. My main concern was how their offense would replace their starting QB and their lead rusher. There’s talent on the roster to fill those two positions. Based on how that transition goes with filling those positions will help decide how they are ranked in November.

MHSGoBlueDevils

--
    06/06/2018 10:55 PM

Posted By Jim West on 06/06/2018 8:03 PM

Posted By MHSGoBlueDevils on 06/06/2018 5:56 PM

1. Creek
    2. Hough
    3. Vance
    4. Mooresville
    5. N meck
    6. W charlotte
    7. LKN
    8. Hopewell

Mooresville will be improved. I picked NM 4th as a testament to Coach Morman. I think NM, Mooresville, and even West Charlotte could shock people.

I agree. For me my question about NM was everything they did offensively went through one guy... I just don’t know what to expect out of them without Wilson in the backfield. I personally am a big believer in our online going into this year.. we’ve got some real size this year. Our biggest question (besides the obvious HC change) is probably at QB. Not sure where were go there. We had a JV q.v. with a big arm, but not the most mobile. Then our returning QB from last year is a big play threat on the ground but not the best passer (in his defense last year was the first time he’s played QB). I think you’ll see Mooresville sling it around more this year offensively, but idk. It may be something that changes week to week based on our opponent
    Lets Go Blue Devils!

MHSGoBlueDevils

--
    06/07/2018 5:20 PM
    Coach Wells was a guest speaker on the team USA podcast- definitely an interesting listen. https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/...me-a-coach
    Lets Go Blue Devils!

Tyler12
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/08/2018 3:47 PM
    Is Conley supposed to be that good this year? They lose Ahlers (leading passer and rusher) along with their # 2 receiver, top 3 tacklers and 3-4 of their starting O-linemen.

704cougarsdad

--
    06/08/2018 3:53 PM
    What is going on over there in new Bern? I thought that school was a powerhouse in eastern nc? A few yrs away they were state champs n now no 1 wants the job? Is there an indy problem going on there?

Tyler12
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/08/2018 4:04 PM

Guessing you don't know about the pay in Craven County? They hired a up and coming coach today, actually. 

Jim West

--
    06/08/2018 4:33 PM
    Posted By Tyler12 on 06/08/2018 3:47 PM
    Is Conley supposed to be that good this year? They lose Ahlers (leading passer and rusher) along with their top 2 receivers, top 3 tacklers and 3-4 of their starting O-linemen.

I think they will be very good.  We will have a better idea when they host Northeastern on opening day.  They have a very good rising JR QB who has strong potential.  I'm also keeping an eye out on a rising sophomore RB that will come in from JV.  

Unless you know something that I don't know (or if I've got bad info), I am showing CJ Johnson returning to Conley for his senior year.  Johnson was their leading receiver last year.  

I am basing much of my thoughts on the fact that the Conley coaching staff will have time during the season to coach these kids up.  Their schedule is not particularly strong (Northeastern, a 2A school, might be their strongest opponent) which will allow more leeway to give these kids experience.  

I also believe that Conley's pipeline is quite strong.  

Tyler12
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/08/2018 5:40 PM
    Rocky Mount and West Craven won’t be pushovers. They lose an awful lot in Ahlers who they’ve leaned on heavily the past 4 years as well as key pieces on D. You’re the expert but we may need to revisit this after week 3.

Jim West

--
    06/08/2018 6:05 PM
    Rocky Mount will be better than last year but probably a year away from a special season. West Craven...I struck out with them last year (had them in my top 5) and I might be gun shy with WC.

I get your drift and you have legitimate concerns. Everything is relative and I feel that 3A is down from the yeat before. That might be why Conley at 8 appears unusual. Conley, like Brown, falls in the 6-19 range at this time.

Tyler12
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/08/2018 6:15 PM
    I’m eager to see how the new QB does the first few weeks of the season.

Rocky Mount is well-coached and has a good system, will be a good test.

I’m a big fan of the coach over at WC, think they’ll surprise some people this year.

Jim West

--
    06/08/2018 6:32 PM
    I appreciate this info. I think the Eastern NC area needs more attention for all the athletes in that area. I always say people are nicer on the eastern side of I-95.

Vik-Val 86

--
    06/08/2018 11:52 PM
    I have to agree about Mooresville. They will improve more this year. But my thinking is in 2019 season they are going to be really good. Could be wrong but my hunch tells me they are going to be a team to watch out for.

Almapinnix11
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/14/2018 10:15 AM
    Page 3rd in the state? Page is never that high in preseason thoughts. I'm somewhat surprised to see that.

Page in 4A? The last time Page was 4A was in 2008, they were 4AA for the first time in 2007.

Jim West

--
    06/14/2018 10:45 AM
    Here are some facts from 2017:

Page was the 2nd smallest 4AA playoff school last year.
    Page had the 36th largest ADM in the 4A classification last year (out of 77 schools).
    With the reduction of schools making 4AA playoffs (from 32 in 2016 to 24 in 2017), 8 less teams are making the 4AA playoffs.
    Page is not only right at the 4A/4AA dividing line, they are also on the East/West dividing line of both 4A and 4AA.

As far as next year, I'm very high on Page! The Pirates might have their best team in the past 5-6 years.

I think their hardest games will be against Dudley and East Forsyth. I believe they will handle all 4 conference games along with non-conference games against Davie, Northern Guilford (probably a year away from being the NG of old), Eastern Guilford (lost talent, changed coaches), Reagan, and Southern Guilford. I believe Page will easily receive a 1st round bye regardless of whether they are in 4A or 4AA.

Almapinnix11
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/14/2018 6:20 PM

Correct, Page has been on the 4A/4AA line almost every year since they got into AA, but its just one of those things where it hasnt happened in 10 years and i personally dont want Page to be in 4A. So everytime i see it, i snarl at it. hahaha. But, they do have to stick the pirates somewhere, we might be the only squad in the state that is on BOTH lines, makes for a headache every year at the end of the season. Keep in mind that Page's district is still seeing population growth, and the ADM number is only going to keep increasing with the urban loop construction finishing within the next 2 years.

Best team in 5-6 years, still tbd, i'm not sold on that. While Page has talent, it might be tough to fill those linebacker/db spots and there is still a question mark with the new defensive coach hire.

Jim West

--
    06/15/2018 7:53 AM

Great info Almapinnix. I also believe that Page will likely play 4AA although right now, I see 24 larger schools making the playoffs (and that will change). As far as growing schools are concerned, the same holds true in Wake County and Mecklenburg County. However, I think there's more factors outside of those schools' control that will affect ADMs (district lines, crazy politics, etc.).

My biggest concern for Page is whether they will be battle tested come November. While you don't necessarily have to play a tough schedule (Wake Forest in 2016 comes to mind), I think it's important to play some tough games to prepare you for the unexpected. East Forsyth-Page should be a great game.

Almapinnix11
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/16/2018 6:30 PM
    1. Wake Forest
    2. Butler
    3. Mallard Creek
    4. Hough
    5. Page

my still too early top 5

Jim West

--
    06/17/2018 1:06 PM

Posted By Almapinnix11 on 06/16/2018 6:30 PM
    1. Wake Forest
    2. Butler
    3. Mallard Creek
    4. Hough
    5. Page

my still too early top 5

Wake Forest as number one is the “safe pick” although they lost a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball.

Almapinnix11
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/18/2018 11:52 AM
    Posted By Jim West on 06/17/2018 1:06 PM

Posted By Almapinnix11 on 06/16/2018 6:30 PM
    1. Wake Forest
    2. Butler
    3. Mallard Creek
    4. Hough
    5. Page

my still too early top 5

Wake Forest as number one is the “safe pick” although they lost a lot of weapons on both sides of the ball.

Just like every other year, they are number 1 until someone knocks them off.....

Jim West

--
    06/18/2018 3:55 PM
    You are not the only person who has stated that opinion. I look at several factors when I developed this list. Last year’s performance is a contributing factor, fot sure.

From looking at Wake Forest’s schedule, I think they have a little better than 50 percent odds on being undefeated in the regular season. However,I think the 4AA East will be tougher this upcoming year. Garner and Fuquay-Varina will be strong. I also believe that Middle Creek has the potential to make some noise come November.

Beach FB
    Middle School
    Middle School

--
    06/19/2018 3:08 PM
    Hoggard will be playing in the 4AA this season due to the fact that a charter school has been added to their numbers. That will put them around 2300 or so. Hoggard should run the table to the NH game for the conf championship. Hoggard has a lot of talent and will look to be a better running team. They have 3 very good WRs and their defense should be as good as last season. Their defense was really set up to stop the pass more so than the run and they will probably continue that trend. Walston is not playing American Legion baseball which means he is playing FB, so NH will be a dangerous team in the conference and in 3A. They lost some key pieces and I dont see them being as good but they will be fine. I don't see Laney being much of a sleeper this year. They have lost a few important pieces due to transfers to NH. This isnt new, NH had 8 starters on their team last season that lived in Laney district. Laney will drop off a bit this season and then they will drop off big time next season as they have little skilled players coming up.
    Hoggard
    NH
    West Brunswick
    Laney
    South Brunswick
    Topsail
    Ashley

Jim West

--
    06/19/2018 3:55 PM
    Posted By Beach FB on 06/19/2018 3:08 PM
    Hoggard will be playing in the 4AA this season due to the fact that a charter school has been added to their numbers. That will put them around 2300 or so. Hoggard should run the table to the NH game for the conf championship. Hoggard has a lot of talent and will look to be a better running team. They have 3 very good WRs and their defense should be as good as last season. Their defense was really set up to stop the pass more so than the run and they will probably continue that trend. Walston is not playing American Legion baseball which means he is playing FB, so NH will be a dangerous team in the conference and in 3A. They lost some key pieces and I dont see them being as good but they will be fine. I don't see Laney being much of a sleeper this year. They have lost a few important pieces due to transfers to NH. This isnt new, NH had 8 starters on their team last season that lived in Laney district. Laney will drop off a bit this season and then they will drop off big time next season as they have little skilled players coming up.
    Hoggard
    NH
    West Brunswick
    Laney
    South Brunswick
    Topsail
    Ashley

Thanks for the info.  Where do you have North Brunswick?  

Beach FB
    Middle School
    Middle School

--
    06/19/2018 6:40 PM

Sorry. NB will finish last again. They have a new coach but it is a mess in Leland.

Jim West

--
    06/19/2018 7:11 PM
    I remember when North Brunswick was a 1A school fighting to have a varsity team. One year around 1988-1990 range they had to forgo the season. Several years ago when NB was 2A they had a pretty decent team. Tough place to sustain a program.

Beach FB
    Middle School
    Middle School

--
    06/20/2018 10:00 AM
    Coach Bishop saw the writing on the wall and got out just in time.

Page Pirates 1989
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    06/23/2018 9:16 AM

Page a #1 Seed in 4A? I don't see how that is possible?

Jim West

--
    06/23/2018 9:53 AM
    Posted By Page Pirates 1989 on 06/23/2018 9:16 AM

Page a #1 Seed in 4A? I don't see how that is possible?

Only 24 teams qualify for the 4AA playoffs and Page had the 36th highest ADM out of the 77 4A schools last year.  Among the teams that made 4AA, Page was 23rd (out of 24) in size.  I have some teams like Indy making the playoffs this year, and Indy is a team that can push Page closer to 4A.

It's possible, but although my model shows Page going 4A, I'll believe it when I see it.

MHSGoBlueDevils

--
    07/10/2018 1:40 AM

Posted By Jim West on 06/06/2018 4:54 PM

4AA West

(1) Mallard Creek (bye)
    (4) Hough (bye)
    (3) Providence (bye)
    (2) Butler (bye)

4AA East

(1) Wake Forest (bye)
    (4) Green Hope (bye)
    (3) Jack Britt (bye)
    (2) Garner (bye)

4A West

(1) East Forsyth (bye)
    (4) Vance (bye)
    (2) South Caldwell (bye)

4A East

(1) Page (bye)
    (4) Hoggard (bye)
    (3) South View (bye)

I know the hypothetical playoff scenario is based on last years ADMs but if we go small 4A I’d be absolutely shocked.
    Lets Go Blue Devils!

MHSGoBlueDevils

--
    07/10/2018 1:43 AM
    I do want to think Mooresville can challenge NM for 4th, I don’t think there’s a ton of difference from a talent perspective. But obviously with Mooresville being in a bit of transition in coaching staffs, and new offense and defense systems, there surely will be an adjustment period. I think next year is the year we could sneak into that 3rd/4th area. But I have us slotted into that 5th/6th fighting with west charlotte
    Lets Go Blue Devils!

Jim West

--
    07/10/2018 1:23 PM

Posted By MHSGoBlueDevils on 07/10/2018 1:40 AM

4AA West

(1) Mallard Creek (bye)
    (4) Hough (bye)
    (3) Providence (bye)
    (2) Butler (bye)

4AA East

(1) Wake Forest (bye)
    (4) Green Hope (bye)
    (3) Jack Britt (bye)
    (2) Garner (bye)

4A West

(1) East Forsyth (bye)
    (4) Vance (bye)
    (2) South Caldwell (bye)

4A East

(1) Page (bye)
    (4) Hoggard (bye)
    (3) South View (bye)

I know the hypothetical playoff scenario is based on last years ADMs but if we go small 4A I’d be absolutely shocked.

Yes, this is based on 2017 ADM’s.

Somewhat surprised you would be shocked. Jordan, the largest 4A school in 2017, had an ADM of 2002, exactly 135 higher than Mooresviile. I know Mooresville is growing but so are many 4A schools across the state (especially in the Triangle). What will cause Mooreville to leap frog several schools such as Jordan?

MHSGoBlueDevils

--
    07/11/2018 8:09 PM

Posted By Jim West on 07/10/2018 1:23 PM

Posted By MHSGoBlueDevils on 07/10/2018 1:40 AM

4AA West

(1) Mallard Creek (bye)
    (4) Hough (bye)
    (3) Providence (bye)
    (2) Butler (bye)

4AA East

(1) Wake Forest (bye)
    (4) Green Hope (bye)
    (3) Jack Britt (bye)
    (2) Garner (bye)

4A West

(1) East Forsyth (bye)
    (4) Vance (bye)
    (2) South Caldwell (bye)

4A East

(1) Page (bye)
    (4) Hoggard (bye)
    (3) South View (bye)

Yes, this is based on 2017 ADM’s.

Somewhat surprised you would be shocked. Jordan, the largest 4A school in 2017, had an ADM of 2002, exactly 135 higher than Mooresviile. I know Mooresville is growing but so are many 4A schools across the state (especially in the Triangle). What will cause Mooreville to leap frog several schools such as Jordan?

I had heard some talk last year that our ADM could approach if not surpass 2000 this year. I think we have a HUGE freshman class coming in. That’s what I was basing my comment off of. Obviously if we stay in the mid 1800’s low 1900’s then I’d suspect we will be in that cut off mix from AA/A
    Lets Go Blue Devils!

Jim West

--
    07/11/2018 8:35 PM
    The cutoff will most likely be in the the 2000-2050 range. In 2016, the largest 32 4A schools eent 4AA. Now it’s the largest 24 schools, meaning the 25th to 32nd largest 4A schools go small 4A. The dividing jumped up as a result.

Almapinnix11
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    07/13/2018 2:54 PM
    based on your rankings and the projected 4A bracket, Page may be the favorite to win it all in small 4A?

Jim West

--
    07/13/2018 5:11 PM
    Posted By Almapinnix11 on 07/13/2018 2:54 PM
    based on your rankings and the projected 4A bracket, Page may be the favorite to win it all in small 4A?

Page would be the team to beat.  I will say that a Scotland-Page game would be an exciting one.  I think Scotland will be much better in November than in August.  Way too many variables...and it's way too early to speculate too much about the playoffs.  With Page, it's way too early to speculate if they go 4A or 4AA, or east/west.

Hence the name of the thread....

scots roll
    Freshman Member
    Freshman Member

--
    07/13/2018 9:06 PM

Scotland will be the "Top Dog" in the Sandhills Conference until proven otherwise!!! With games @ 71st and @ Richmond will be big time games that will probably decide the Conference. Scotland may have lost a lot, but the barn is still full.

Jim West

--
    07/13/2018 10:26 PM

Posted By scots roll on 07/13/2018 9:06 PM

Scotland will be the "Top Dog" in the Sandhills Conference until proven otherwise!!! With games @ 71st and @ Richmond will be big time games that will probably decide the Conference. Scotland may have lost a lot, but the barn is still full.

The Sandhills Conference is simply loaded. I would not be surprised if we saw a 3 way tie for 1st.

I think Scotland will be loaded for bear during the playoffs. Great program.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Membership Membership:
    Latest New User Latest: jessicaalex
    Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 1
    Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 2
    User Count Overall: 4220

People Online People Online:
    Visitors Visitors: 691
    Members Members: 0
    Total Total: 691

Online Now Online Now:

What's happening when and where...